Tranfers Under the Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA)
Consistent with the terms of the Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA), the Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC) will certify and register Onsite Wastewater Practitioner who are currently certified/registered/licensed in another jurisdiction in Canada, in accordance with the provisions of these Agreements.
- To practice in British Columbia as an Onsite Wastewater Practitioner, registration in ASTTBC is required.
- Apply for Transfer at https://www.asttbcapply.ca/
- Additional specific policy requirements for individuals wanting to transfer under CFTA for registration as a Registered Onsite Wastewater Practitioner (ROWP) are:
- Completion of a Jurisprudence Exam that examines for knowledge of:
- the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians Act & Regulations of British Columbia and the ASTTBC Code of Ethics
- the BC Sewerage System Regulation and the Standard Practice Manual for Sewerage Systems (SPM)
- Completion of a Letter of Affirmation confirming they have read, understand, and will abide by the ASTTBC Code of Ethics, the B.C. Sewerage System Regulation and the B.C. Standard Practice Manual.
- Newly Licensed Onsite Wastewater Transferees will also be subject to ASTTBC’s Practice Assessment Program as per all new certified/registered Licensees .